Ravenel holds and processes a range of information about its clients and other persons who may be interested in Ravenel services in accordance with the law and regulation.
This privacy notice applies to Ravenel in the Republic of China (“R.O.C”)and explains the type of information that we process, why we are processing it and how that processing may affect you.
1.Who we are
2.How and when do we collect client’s personal data?
3.What personal data do we process and why?
4.Who gets to see client’s personal data?
5.How long do we keep your personal data?
6.How do we keep client’s personal data secure?
7.Third party websites
8.Access to client’s data and other rights
1. Who we are?
The Ravenel International Art Group of companies is detailed here.
The International Art Group includes Ravenel Ltd , Ravenel Auction Hong Kong Limited and Ravenel Fine Art Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the“Group”)
- How and when do we collect client’s personal data?
(1)Most of the personal data we process about you comes directly or indirectly from you for example:
- when client registers to bid in an auction, agree to sell client’s property through Ravenel or ask us to perform a valuation;
- when client expresses an interest in certain types of property to one of our staff or representatives;
- when client subscribes to Ravenel catalogues, newsletters or other publications;
- when client signs up on christies.com to receive news about upcoming auctions and events relating to particular areas or complete your profile in your online account;
- when client attends a Ravenel live or digital event or participate in one of our courses.
(2)Automatic collection when Client telephone bid, call Client Services, visit our premises or our website or attend a digital event
Client’s voice will be recorded when you call our client service team, and when client uses our telephone bidding service.
Client’s image may be collected by Ravenel if client attend our premises. We use CCTV at our salerooms and offices for the protection of our staff, our visitors and the property that we sell. We video our auctions for security reasons and to monitor bidding practices. Live streaming of our auctions and certain courses is available on our websites (and is also available on social media for certain auctions). Cameras and microphones recording images and sound for live streaming focus primarily on the auctioneer/presenters and Ravenel specialists but background sound and images may also be captured. Attendees should inform a member of the Front of House team if they do not wish to be filmed/recorded.
As client interacts with our websites, we collect data through cookies and other similar technologies together with technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may also receive technical data about you if client visits other websites employing our cookies. More detail is available below and in our Cookies Policy. You can change your cookies settings at any time by visiting the Cookies Settings page on our website (Cookies Settings).
(3)Collection of data from other sources
We may obtain information about client and/or the property client’s own or wish to collect from other sources, for example:
- when someone informs us that client are authorised to bid on their behalf at Ravenel or collect their property;
- when someone introduces client to us (including when they use the Lotfinder service to email you details of a lot that they believe may interest client);
- when we research artwork or other objects and we find information about client in sources such as newspaper articles, exhibition catalogues, public auction results and other publicly available sources, or one of our contacts gives us feedback in relation to objects or persons they have been told about;
- What personal data do we process and why?
We have set out below the types of personal data that we process, the purposes for which we use it and the legal grounds on which we process it. The Glossary contains more information about the legal grounds for processing.
(1)To provide client with requested services(for example, bidding, selling, valuations, storage, shipping, loans and loan referral, catalogue subscription, restoration, expertise)
- Name, title, and contact details (including email address, postal address, telephone numbers)
- Client’s bank account details (if we need to pay client) or credit card details or bank transfer receipt (if client needs to pay us)
- The person who has introduced clien
- Nature of the services including contractual terms
- Details of your insurance if your property remains at client’s risk
- Financial information
- Records of client’s communications with us (including bidding instructions recorded over the telephone or online bidding logs)
(2)To compliance with legal requirements, (including but not limited to preventing money-laundering, payment of taxation and customs duties, anti-discrimination) or requested by the administrative government agency or court
- Client’s date of birth, identification documents ,address documents.
- Client's work business and occupational information
- Details of your past transactions
(3)To keep client, our staff, and property on our premises secure
- CCTV images
(4)To provide client, with details about upcoming auctions, other events or types of property that interest client,, and Ravenel wider services
- Client’s name, email address and/or postal address
- Client’s marketing and communication preferences (in your mychristies account, Ravenel online preference centre, or any hard copy or digital sign up)
- The providing and introduction of the information and data related to the auction.
(5)To monitor the performance of our website and to personalise and improve client’s user experience
- Client’s member login data,
- Client’s browser type, version and operating system, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, data obtained from cookies, web logs and other similar technologies that monitor the use of our website and deliver more appropriate advertisements on or beyond our website
(6)To monitor client’s use of our services, train our staff and improve client’s client or user experience
- Client’s complaints, opinions, responses to our surveys or market research
- Client’s voice when client calls Ravenel Client Services or use our telephone bidding services
- Who gets to see client’s personal data?
(1)Inside the Group：
Client’s personal data will be processed by the Ravenel Ltd that initially receives it and may also be transferred to and processed by other companies within the Ravenel’s affiliated entity .
(2)Outside the Group ：
We do not transfer client’s personal data to organisations who wish to use it for their own marketing promotions or other purposes. Notwithstanding the obove,the following conditions shall not apply:
- Follow the client’s instructions.
- Based on legal requirements
- How long will we keep client’s personal data?
We will only retain client’s personal data for the provision of related services, the requirements of the law or regulation or by the competent authorities, and the needs of litigation.
- How do we keep client’s personal data secure?
We will take appropriate measures to protect client’s personal data, and client’s personal data will not be disclosed and used illegally. At the same time, we restrict only specific employees or agents who need to know the client’s personal data for business to be able to use the client’s personal data. They will only use the client’s personal data as instructed by us and are obliged to keep it confidential.
- Third party websites
Ravenel websites may contain links to other websites not operated by Ravenel. The information client provide to us will not be transmitted to other websites, but these other websites may collect personal information about client in accordance with their own privacy notice. Ravenel cannot accept any responsibility for the privacy practices or content of those websites.
- Access to client’s data and other rights
Client may ask us if client have questions about the data we hold. The client has rights under data protection laws in relation to client’s personal data. These include:
The right of access: Client may request a copy of the personal data that we hold about client (a “subject access request”). If client exercise this right and we process personal data about client by automated means or as part of a filing system, once we have verified client’s identity and, if relevant, the authority of any third-party requestor, we are required to provide client with a description and copy of that personal data and tell client why we are processing it.
Other rights:As well as client’s subject access right, client may have a legal right to have client’s personal data rectified or erased, to object to its processing, or have its processing restricted.
- Contact Information
If client have any queries in relation to Ravenel processing of client’s personal data please contact us at email@example.com. Client can also phone or email our Client Service team.